Training Driver Professionally for the Trucking Industry
Prerequisites To Training
For The Tractor Trailer (AZ) Program:
- Must have minimum grade 10 English*.
- Provide a Driver's abstract, an MTO medical that meets the vision, hearing and medical requirements for a class A licence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Ontario full class G license.
For The Class (BZ) Bus Certificate Program:
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 education or have the ability to successfully pass the mature student entrance examination.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have no more than 6 points on your license.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Ministry of Transportation Medical.
- Must not possess a criminal record that has not been pardoned and pass a vulnerable screen sector check. (Please note The Ministry of Transportation orders the RCMP to complete this check.)
For The DZ Program:
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 or pass an entrance examination.
- Must pass an MTO Medical.
- Produce a current Drivers Abstract with a valid driver's license and less than 4 demerit points.
Students are required to be interviewed with an Administrator to ensure they have all the necessary information for training, given a tour of the facility and the required documents regarding funding, policies, labour market research and enrolment procedures.
Students are to submit a copy of their Driver's Licence, Driver's Abstract, Criminal Record Check and Medical to a Student Administrator before acceptance into the program. Students not accepted into the program will be informed with an explanation in writing and given an opportunity to have an interview with the Vice President. Students accepted into the program will be given a letter of acceptance with available start dates, enrolment contract and other documents required to start training.
Requirements and Costs
In addition, students may be required to pay the following fees to the issuing agencies/organizations:
- Drivers Abstract - $12.00.
- Ministry of Transportation Medical - approximately $75.00 up to $110.00.
- Criminal Record Check - $25.00.
- Transcripts (if needed for proof of grade 10) - $10.00.